Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Extract Step Performance

I added a few lookup translation to my field extractor which now cause performance issue.  Will increasing the amount of threads for Grooper activity processing services reduce the extraction time?  Is the thread to core ratio 1 to 1?

Best Answer

Answers

• kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The thread to core ration is usually 1 to 2 (two threads per 64-bit core).
    As for your first question, I would think so, but I am not sure.
    Kyle Souza
    Data Wizard
    P&P Oil & Gas Solutions
  • GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Increasing threads will not make any one document extract quicker, but will allow you to run more document simultaneously. The extraction task for the entire document is performed by a single thread. If I'm understanding, all you changed was enabling translation within the Lookup Options of one or more Data Types. If that is the case, that really shouldn't have caused any measurable performance change. Is this the change you made or is it something else that is actually referencing an external database?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • henrymahenryma Posts: 63
    Once I extract my pattern, I use that value to preform a lookup translation against my lexicon to make sure they are valid values.  Once I add that lookup translation it created the performance issue.