The next version of Grooper - Grooper 2021 - will be entering beta soon! If you want to get a head start on some of our exciting new features, check out the  article over Smart PDFs  on the Grooper Wiki!

How to quickly purge large numbers of completed batches?

SdurbinSdurbin Posts: 13
edited December 2020 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Unfortunately, having not paid attention initially to how batches are retained in Grooper, I have found myself in the position where I have about 100,000 batches in my production repository.  As a result, it takes a very long time just to open Grooper Design Studio let alone trying to research/reset individual batches, and during that time we run into locking issues in our Grooper database.  Additionally, I want to upgrade from Grooper 2.72 to 2.9 and fear the operation will take a very long time to complete with so many batches in the system.

Might there be a faster way to discard these batches, and one we can run during operating hours without the risk of database locking issues?

Also, I would add a step to discard batches when complete, but we would rather have complete batches available for at least a week before discarding them, so I currently just have a step to archive the batches.  Is there an efficient way to have batches automatically discarded after a week?

Answers

• jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 127 mod
    There is a dispose batch step but there isn't a way to get the step to wait until the batch is a week old to delete it without a custom activity.