Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Data Extraction on a Form Type instead of a Doc Type

I have noticed that you can add check boxes for Data Extraction on a form type under the Data Element Profiles tab of a Form Type.  However, the only check boxes that I can get to work are on the Document Type level. Is there a way to extract data from a form type?  The reason I ask is that some of our documents have similar enough text that they would all classify as the same document type.  However, where the check boxes on each form type are located are in slightly different locations, which is allowing for inaccurate results from the check boxes.  Temporarily, I have just forced any check box value to be validated by the user, but it would be more beneficial to us if we could allow the users to trust the results from the Data Extraction.

Answers

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    This should work from both the Form Type or Doc Type levels. Two questions here... First, in this instance do you have Data element PRofiles for a given field at both the doc type and form type levels? Second, are the checkboxes in vastly different locations on form variations or just moved a bit? If the latter, you should be able to address those with the use of Registration Zones underneath your OMR zones.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    I have tested out a document that uses both Data Element Profiles on both the doc type and the form type.  I created default values for each Profile, just to see which OMR zone was Data Element was being picked up.  Each test that I ran had the same result.  The Doc type default answer would appear, instead of the form type.  Secondly, some of the OMR zones that I am looking for are on different pages, with the same information.  Sometimes it is located on Page 4 and sometimes on Page 5.
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    @The Chuck  @dlittle is this something one of you can take a look at?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com