Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

key-value collation across pages

I'm hitting a road block with my key-value collation where the key starts on the bottom of one page, and the value extractor is at the top of the other.  I've tried ignoring \f and other characters, increased the character distance, but will still not extract.  Works great on all docs.  I've attached some screen shots of my setup.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
    edited May 2018
    Me thinks a Field Class with Context Scope property set to Flow would be a better choice for this kind of situation.
    Let me see if I can't mock something up.
    I suppose this isn't even relevant to the issue you're reporting.  Seems that key value pairs should be able to span pages.
    Lemme see what I can find out.

ps - I still think this particular type of extraction is better suited with a Field Class, so I'll look into that too.
    Randall Kinard
    rkinard@bisok.com

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    I agree with Sir Randall. I would recommend the use of a Field Class here. The Key-Value pairs are really not intended to be used for unstructured data collection like this. Key value pairs are a different animal altogether. Think about your typical structured form where a field value has a label either immediately above or to the left of it. That is the real use for a Key Value pair. It keeps you from having to explicitly train a Zonal Field Class with lots of variations of field labels.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    The ChuckThe Chuck Posts: 81 mod
    TheChuck is looking into this.  We're starting our team meeting, so it may be Monday, but I will try to respond to this soon.
  • Options
    The ChuckThe Chuck Posts: 81 mod
    This has been resolved and will work in the next build.
  • Options
    RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
    @agriffith , would you be able to send me the batch you're working with in this example?
    While I'm heartened at the fact that a resolution will be met regarding Key/Value pairs spanning pages, I'd like to illustrate how to use a Field Class in this example, and why it's beneficial.  I feel that'd be demonstrated best by using documents you're working with.
    Anyway, if you can, zip up and export that batch and email it to me and I'll take a moment to do a brief write up.
    Randall Kinard
    rkinard@bisok.com