Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Train Lexicon activity not adding any entries to lexicon

GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
edited December 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Grooper 2.70.0018

I imported a text file into Grooper.
I rendered the file to pdf.
I performed PDF Text Extract at the folder level. I verified that the file does have text now.
I added a lexicon to the root of my local resources -> lexicons folder.
From a screen in Design Studio where I can see the batch, I right-click on the document and manually run the activity against the document. I am using a simple \w+ pattern as the extractor and have pointed to the above mentioned lexicon. I am running this activity with a single thread.
After running, I view the lexicon and no data is present. I have refreshed the parent folder, but to no avail.
I have changed the mode of the lexicon to lookup, vocabulary, and frequency. Changing this setting and retraining did not make any difference.
Matt Harrison
Product Manager
mharrison@bisok.com

Comments

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This is an intentional feature. Entries from lexicon training are not included in the lexicon until the ‘Merge Training’ command is executed, so users can review or edit the list before merging. I have updated the Train Lexicon comments to better explain this.
    At the time that this was reported the Merge Training feature was broke, but has sense been fixed