Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Exporting redacted PDF documents

JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
edited August 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
I'm having problems getting my redacted documents to export. The documents are being redacted in the process but once they are exported, they are not. I may not have something in the process correct. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    @Jeff this is working for me. What version are you on and what kind of document export are you running? I have my redact set up like yours, and I am running file system export.
  • Options
     Version 2.70.0018. PDF documents. I can view and print redacted copies, just won't export redacted version. Is there something in the document export setting that has to be setup?
  • Options
    Looking at my documents and what is being exported isn't saving image processing either. 
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    In the Document Export step, you have to make sure that you are asking the Export activity to use the image that now exists in grooper and not the original pdf page as it existed in the originally imported file. To do this, set the PDF Page Source to Image, then set Prefer Child Versions to True.

Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    The scenario I've outlined above is how you export with the final results of your image processing and your redactions. I should also note here that if you choose to export a redacted copy, but want the output pdf to be a text-based PDF, you will want to re-run OCR on the document. Otherwise, even though the redacted area will be filled in, the text-behind will still be selectable and searchable within the pdf.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    I have 3 documents in my batch and that fixed the issue for 2 of them. The 1st document is still exporting in the format it was imported in. Documents 2 and 3  are redacted and retained image processing.