Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

How to Pattern Match with Mixing Case?

ptomkoptomko Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Is this how it should be outputting? I am sort of expecting it to be Nippon Life Benefits, due to that being the pattern.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited August 2018
    By default, Value Patterns are not case-sensitive.
    They will look only for the characters and your output will be exactly what the extracted text is.  To enable case-sensitivity, set the Case Sensitive property to True.
    As you can see, there was nothing in the PDF text that matched the pattern "GrOoPeR AdMiNiStRaTiOn," so no results were returned.

In your case, you want your pattern to be flexible and instead have a standard output.  You can specify that when your extractor finds a hit, you want to return it as a specific format.  Specify that format in the Output Format field.

This is primarily used for outputting grouped expressions, but you can enter explicit text strings if you need to.
    Alternatively, you could use a translation Lexicon.
  • ptomkoptomko Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I will use the Translation Lexicon. I actually had it in a (not translated) lexicon already and pulled it out to verify it was doing the same thing in a fuzzy expression.