Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Not scanning in duplex.

I have created a process but when I scan it is only scanning in simplex.  I can't find a setting to make it duplex.  How do I do this?

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Have you started with a look at the settings inside the scanner driver? That's ultimately the starting point for all image acquisition. If the scanner driver is not set to scan in duplex, Grooper will never acquire the reverse side images. You need to look at your Scanner Profile settings. You can access them using the small scanner dropdown icon highlighted in the screenshot below. Because I don't know which model of scanner you are using, I can't speak to the layout of the scanner driver's configuration screen, but hopefully this helps you work through the issue. Let us know if you need additional guidance.

Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • It looks like you can do it that way but is there not a way to do that from a Grooper process?
  • GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    In addition to the Scanner configuration set within Grooper Design Studio (as shown above), you can give your users the ability to make changes to the scanner profile from Grooper Attended Client. In order for them to be able to do that, you need to configure the Scan step within your Batch Process and explicitly allow Profile Editing and/or Profile Management. Below is a screenshot of where that is enabled.

Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com