Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Exporting rendered documents as PDFs into SharePoint

I have a batch with PDFs, Word and Excel documents. I need all documents to export out as text searchable pdfs. I am rendering the batch and running pdf text extract. I can test this and see that the docs are being rendered and have text.  When they are exported out to SharePoint, the Word and Excel docs revert back to their native form and will not open. PDFs work as they should. If I change my export to a file system, the docs are all PDFs. 
Is there a step or setting that will keep the documents as PDFs after Rendering?

Answers

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Try turning on Prefer child version.On the CMIS connection this will be when you set the Export Content to PDF there is more PDF options
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
    No, still exporting out as in native version. 
    Also, I can browse my cmis repository and the Word or Excel documents aren't viewable. If I select a PDF, I can view it.
  • Options
    This has to be set to PDF instead of Native Version
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
    I think thats what I have.

• Options
    In the above screenshot have you tried setting the export on the folder instead of the document?
  • Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I tried this and I get an error. 

• Options
    Is this working for you guys?
  • Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    The method you showed me yesterday worked in some cases and but did not in others. I didn't have a chance to look at it much today, but I can get with you tomorrow.