Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Additional Question Regarding an Image Pointer in the xml Output

I am starting this thread to build on Jason's previous question. 

Our customer actually needs their Export(rather than Import) directory path in their xml file. I can manually build this path in the expression mentioned in the previous thread and I can name the file by the content name. An issue occurs however, when there are two "like" content types in the same batch. The "Name Uniquely" feature in Document Export takes care of the image naming problem but the xml file does not reflect this as this field is populated at extraction.

I say all this to give some background, but the customer has said that they don't care what the file name is as long as it is unique. I tried using the Guid but I can't seem to be able to find the correct item to place into the expression to return the guid. Is there a keyword or variable that remains unique(sequence number or DOCID) can be used by the expression and Document Export?

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Use Folder.Id in your Default Value Expression. When performing Document Export and configuring your folder/file mappings, there is also a variable you can map directly to for Node.Id. This also pulls i the GUID of the exported document.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I tried Folder.ID this weekend. It does give me the Guid but(unless I am doing something wrong) I can't build the entire export path as the "+" symbol is not allowed with the Folder.ID expression. I tried this expression and got an error on save: "C:\Export\"+ Folder.ID

Error: Operator '+' is not defined for types String and System.Guid. 

Is the expression I am trying incorrect? 

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Add .ToString to the end of that, then you should be able to add in the rest of what you need:

Folder.Id.ToString + "12345"
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com