Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Link.GetPathSegment(4)

Below is the scope level of my process.  I would like to use to map one of my index fields (Original FileName) to the original PDF filename (Link.GetPathSegment(4)) but I lost the contents links when I extract at scope level 3. What is the best practice to map these  fields?

Best Answer

• DungVuDungVu Posts: 88
    Answer ✓
    I found this command to solved my problem at level 3 export. "ParentFolder.ContentLink.Name".

Answers

• dearnerdearner Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Have you tried configuring the extract activity with "preserve values" set to true?
    Yes, I set it to preserve values=True but I still lost the file system links.

• BrianBrian Posts: 30 ✭✭✭
    Are you (or have you tried) using this as a Default Value Expression for your field?  It would populate the value during extraction rather than prior to extraction.  Although different scenarios merit populating this sort of data at different points along the process workflow, I'd say this is our typical "go-to" if it meets our requirements.
    Brian Godwin
    Solutions Manager
    bgodwin@bisok.com
    Yes. I did set Default Value Expression for my field. But the links was lost!! somehow?????

• dearnerdearner Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Dung - it looks like you're performing a split operation on the document and then separating.  You'll notice that the parent object ("Training - Mortgage_Modified_xxxxx") still has the filesystem link on it.  So - and Brian, correct me if I'm wrong - you'll have to grab that from the parent object.
    The parent object is on level 2 but my extract and export at level 3. I am unable to map the field at export.