Default Value Expressions - The Master List

GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 367 admin
This thread contains a large list of common Default Value Expressions used within a Field in a Data Model.

Global/System Variables

• "Literal Value" Inserts a literal string value into the field.
  • 25.00 Inserts a literal numeric value into the field. 
  • DateTime.Now Inserts the current date and time.
  • DateTime.Now.ToString("d") Inserts the current date.
  • DateTime.Now.ToString("t") Inserts the current time.
  • My.User.Name Inserts the user name of the current user.
  • My.Computer.Name Inserts the name of the local machine.
  • My.Application.Info.Title Inserts the name of the running application.

Files and Links

• ContentTypeName Inserts the name of the content type assigned the folder associated with the index data.
  • Folder.ContentType.ParentNode.Name Inserts the name of the parent category of the current doc type.
  • Folder.ContentLink.FullPath Inserts the full path to a linked File System Object.
  • Folder.NativeVersionFileName Inserts the File Name of the folder's Native Version File (including the file extension)
  • IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(Folder.NativeVersionFileName) Inserts the File Name of the folder's Native Version File (excluding the file extension)
  • DirectCast(Link,FileSystemLink).CreatedTime Inserts the complete DateTime representing when the original file was created.
  • DirectCast(Link,FileSystemLink).LastModifiedTime Inserts the complete DateTime representing when the original file was last modified.
  • DirectCast(Link,MailLink).Subject Inserts the Subject of an Imported Email
  • DirectCast(Link,MailLink).From Inserts the From field of an Imported Email
  • DirectCast(Link,MailLink).To Inserts the To field of an Imported Email
  • DirectCast(Link,MailLink).Date Inserts the Date field of an Imported Email

Other

• Guid.NewGuid Creates a new Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) and inserts the value.
  • Folder.Id Inserts the GUID of the current folder.
  • Folder.Batch.Id Inserts the GUID of the current folder's batch, regardless of the current folder's level

Matt Harrison
Director of Strategy
[email protected]