Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

License server connectivity

When we installed our Grooper server the license server configuration was as follows.
All of the screen shots were taken on the server.

I assume that if we want to install some indexing clients the 'Server Name=localhost" needs to be changed to the server name.
I change this by selecting the server name from the "Server Name" drop down. This is the correct server name, and I can ping the server by the name.

When I use the server name no license information is shown when I click the "Refresh" button.

The following errors are generated in the event log. As you can see the local Grooper Design Studio running on the server cannot contact the license server running on the same machine.

What could be the cause of this?

Normally we would use the fully qualified server name not just the host name in our configurations. The Server Name field does not allow me to type in the name. I can ping the server by both host name and fully qualified name.

Bonus question: If I want to change the port of the license server from 13900 to another port do I just change the port in the screen shot above and for the actual service in Grooper Config?

Answers

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    @jongoesboom have you contacted @hjanum about this? If not, please hit him up tomorrow to see if this is still an issue.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com