Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Question when Setting up an Import Watcher

I have set up a new Import Watcher Service looking at my import directory. My settings for this service are below:

When I start this service and I have a pdf document in that directory, nothing happens. Am I missing a step in this process? Should I have the starting step set to "Scan"? My Scan step in my process is a File System import pointing to the same directory as well. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That was it.. I have a separate service account running my services and that account didn't have access to My Users directory. I changed my import location to the root C drive and it picked the batch up. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Those files that you import will not have any pages, you will have to run a content action split first on the documents
  • Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I added the content action split to the process but I don't see that the batch is even created in the system. I am sure it is something simple.. but I can't get the batch to pick up. What other info do you need in order to help trouble shoot? 
  • Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong, so after starting the service and waiting the 60 seconds nothing is created? Maybe send me the documents and I will test putting them in the same folder you are using on your PC, see if that makes a difference.