Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Table Extraction Question

Is it possible to perform a table extraction on a table where the header values are located at the bottom of the table rather than the top?

Answers

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Can you send us a sample document? If it has private information on it then you can email it to me, if you not you can just attach it here.
  • Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I emailed a sample.
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    The short answer is yes. But it won't work when using Infer Grid or Header/Value matching. I would probably approach this by using standard Row Matching. I would create a Data Type for each column that is a Key-Value List in Vertical Mode, Reverse Order... meaning the Key must be under the Values. Each Data Type must be named the same as the column in the table. Once you've built a Data Type for each, now you can build a horizontal or flow-based Ordered Array which references each of the Key-Value List Data Types. The only challenges here are:
    1. If on any given row, multiple column values could be missing. In this case, you need an Ordered Array variant for each combination and One Data Type that references all Ordered Arrays. This final Data Type will also need to enable Deduplicate Locations and you must reference the Ordered Arrays in a specific order. Start by pointing to the Array that represents a complete row with all columns filled in. Then add a reference to the one with the next most columns filled out, etc. If you do it in another order, the De-duplication logic will leave you with empty values.
    2. If you deal with odd vertical alignment of text in each cell such that you can not draw a horizontal line connecting all values for a given row.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    The ChuckThe Chuck Posts: 81 mod
    @GrooperGuru Key-Value List is what I suggested as well.  Via e-mail, he said that the customer only seems to be interested in the Part Number column.  And that the Part Number column should always be populated.  So, I think it should be a pretty straight forward Key-Value List situation.  
  • Options
    tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    The partner is only interested in one column of this table. So, it was suggested(by Scott Rankin) to simply use a Key-Value List in order to grab the one column of data from the table. 

I tried it and set the Key to grab the “Part Number” string in the column. I set the Value to grab a generic segment of text to represent the part numbers in the column. I don’t see, however,  where the direction is configured for the “key-Value List” object as it is for the “Key-Value Pair”…

Is this configured in the same manner as a Key-Value Pair?

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    @tmartin you may be on to something. From your screenshot, it looks like you can't configure direction as you can with a Key-Value Pair. @The Chuck is there a reason this property isn't exposed for Key-Value Lists?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com