Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Error when Trying to Install Render Printer

tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited January 2019 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
A partner is trying to install the Render printer and is getting the below error.

Is there something on his machine blocking this installation?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen this, let me see if I can get some help.
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    I've never seen this issue before. I also had to recently install this on a new server and did not encounter any issues. I'm immediately thinking of things like permissions issues. Is the logged in user running the install as Admin, and the user has local admin rights on the machine?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
    It's needing to write to a protected directory, the System32 directory to be specific, and it's quite possible that the installer is not being run with administrator permissions, and as a result cannot write to the protected directory.

Those are my immediate thoughts.
    Randall Kinard
    rkinard@bisok.com

• Options

@tmartin What operating system are they on? Which installer did they use? What steps did they take leading up to this message? Have they tried this on more than one machine? Have you been able to reproduce this, because I cant?

• Options
    They have tried this on multiple machines running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. They used the installer from Xchange. I cannot reproduce it either. I will ask if they are running the installer as Admin as I don't know that answer.
  • Options
    I know if you don't run it as an admin it will tell you that you need to, so that seems unlikely. They have to be doing something wrong though.
  • Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    I would start with the basics like Admin rights, OS, UAC, other installation-preventing security software, maybe take a look at roaming profiles.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    Joe's machine is an admin and has full access, the UAC's aren't on, and there isn't any security software that would prevent this installer from finishing. Could this be an OS compatibility problem? OR could there have been a Windows update that could be blocking this installer?
  • Options
    I just received an email from the Partner and it seems they already have a printer installed that is utilizing the black ice driver, therefore these drivers were already installed on their computers. Is there a way the Grooper Render Printer can utilize these drivers?