Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Table extraction

JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
I am working with a set of invoices that I need to extract line items from. On a couple of the invoices, the header extractor is throwing off my amount. In the data type for the header, the correct value is being extracted and the currency amount is also being extracted.

But when I run extraction on the table, the wrong amount is being pulled in. It is putting the Tax amount in.

Any ideas on what I have setup wrong?

Answers

• Options
    dearnerdearner Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Jeff - can you send me a sample doc, and your content model?  I'd like to take a look at this.
  • Options
    RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
    The first problem I'm seeing is that your extractor for your Header Value is returning more than one value.  You're going to want to find a way, either through Result Filter, narrowing down your pattern matches (make them more specific/less generic), Exclusion Extractors, or taking a waterfall approach to getting the desired result (and using Collation > Individual with a Order By > Extractor).  If using the latter, don't try to make one extractor do it all.  Make one that is the most common, then create separate extractors for the outliers.  Have one Data Type reference all of those, and use the Order By > Extractor approach (perhaps in conjunction with a Result Filter {limit it to one result})

Start there, and see if you're still getting issues after you can make the Header Extractor only return one value.
    Randall Kinard
    rkinard@bisok.com