Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Send Email at the Batch Level

Grooper 2.72.0019

It is my understanding that the Send Mail activity is working as intended. However, I believe that I am attempting to use this feature differently than it was designed, but I could be wrong.  I am attempting to export all of the Folder 1 Metadata into a single email per batch using the Send Mail activity.  If I set the activity to the Folder 1 level, I will successfully email the metadata, but it will be one email per folder.  I believe the reason for this is that the batch folder does not have any metadata to pull from.  Is there a way, by running the Send Mail activity at the batch level, to combine the results from all of the Level 1 folder metadata into 1 email and send that?  The reason for this is that, if we can get it running properly, we will be sending a large volume of data per batch, and to have 1 email per folder will not work for what we are needing.  There would be too many emails received in that instance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    You are correct in your understanding of how this activity is currently designed to work. I don't think there is going to be an elegant solution for what you are trying to do that makes use of the send mail activity in its current state. The ability to merge in extracted data from the document wasn't designed in a way where it handles one to many relationships. In your case, multiple documents each have their own meta data, and at the batch level, there are no merge tags available to you that will iterate through that data. This is really a feature request. I think it is a great idea, and it would be helpful to summarize a long list of transactions in a single email by scoping the activity to the batch level. @dearner, your thoughs?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    @GrooperGuru I have submitted this request to the Dream Board.  Thank you.