Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

I have a field in a content model which I am using a default value expression.

What I am putting in there is the first four digits of the current date ie if today where 07/09/2019 it would have 0709 in the field.  What I need is a 1 up sequence that keeps incrementing with each new document.   How can I do that?

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Do you only need the "+1" increase to occur within the context of a given batch? Example, you have a batch with 100 documents. Document 1 uses today's date, Document 2 uses the next date, etc. Then if another batch is scanned in, the sequence starts over again where Document 1 uses today's date, then the number increases by one for each document in the batch?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • timthetechmantimthetechman Posts: 11
    That would work.  But what would be better is like in Kofax the sequence number which gives a unique number to each document scanned.