Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

How do I use a batch name as an export folder name?

On my document export step I'd like to use the batch name to name my folder inside of my file repository. 

Is this possible? If so, what variable should I use in my Folder Level?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    It depends on what version of Grooper you're using and where you want to fire the expression from. If you create a Data Field in your Data Model, you can use a Default Value Expression of: Folder.Batch.Name
    Folder is essentially the document you are running extraction against, then you travel up the batch folder hierarchy to the batch itself, then grab that batch's name. In 2.8 and beyond, you can also implement expressions in the export mapping itself and do not need to necessarily create a field in the data model. Hope this helps. -Cheers
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com