Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Dashboard - Manually Change the Batch Name

I have two different content models and processes. I have no idea how I can do this on one, but not on the other.

What I want to do: Change the batch name manually in Batch Properties in the Grooper Dashboard.

I right-click a batch and go to Properties. The OK button is grayed out for one and not grayed out for the other. Both are Paused in their process. I can also modify one but not the other if the status is Completed.

Direct Content Model / Process - Paused Batch:

PO Content Model / Process - Paused Batch:

Best Answer

• rmcentirermcentire Posts: 41
    Answer ✓
    My issue was that I had the Content Type filled out in the 'General' section of the process. Make sure it is empty and you're set.

If the Content Type is populated, the index fields will appear on the right side when you go to Properties, and you can edit/review them - and you can't edit a batch name when it's being reviewed.

Now the user, who doesn't have access to the Design Studio, can edit the batch name from the Dashboard.

Thanks to @tmartin for the assistance today!

Answers

• tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    I have tried this in my Dashboard and can modify each of my batches. Your batches, however were created by email and then a "Spawn Batch" activity correct? I wonder if the one you can't modify was created from the "Spawn Batch" activity.
  • rmcentirermcentire Posts: 41
    You're correct, they were created by email and then the Spawn Batch.
    The PO process has a spawn batch process too and those that are created from that activity, I'm able to edit those names.

So the direct process, I can't modify the name in the dashboard. The direct exception process (created from the spawn activity), I can't modify.
    The PO process, I can modify in the dashboard. The PO exception process (created from the spawn activity), I can modify.
  • jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 138 mod
    The easiest way to rename a batch is to locate it in the treeview from design studio and rename it there
  • tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    What are the main differences in the Direct Process and the PO Process?