Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Signature Widgets

Currently I am trying to create Signature Widgets On the document using "The Generate PDF activity". I am following instruction from WIKI but my out put does not have any annotation box for signature. Am I missing anything?

Please give me some direction/Suggestion how to make it work.

Thanks
Doc1.pdf 910.3K

Answers

• dgreenwooddgreenwood Posts: 112 admin
    I am going to look into this first thing in the morning.  I will be in touch with my findings.
    One quick question.  After you run the document through Extract and Generate PDF, there is no signature box on the generated PDF, correct?
    I should be more specific.  If you open the PDF outside of Grooper, there is no signature box, correct?

The article may not be accurate as to "verifying the result".  The signature box may not appear when viewing the PDF in Grooper.
  • DungVuDungVu Posts: 88
    I just verified the out put. There is no signature box created.
    Hmm...  From what I can see here the signature box should be added to the generated PDF.  You have your Extract step before Generate PDF, which is good.  I'm assuming the document is getting assigned that "Amortization Schedule" Content Type during one of your Separate steps.  You're using a zone placed on the last page of the document with Zonal Extract.  All that appears to be on the up and up.

Can you upload a copy of the exported PDF and the source file for the document in your screenshots?  I'll do some more testing on my end with them.  Or feel free to email them to me at dgreenwood@bisok.com.
    Uploaded Documents
    I did some testing.  How you have everything configured should have worked.  The issue seems to be with Zonal Extract.  When I ran through your process, I did get signature box, just not where it was supposed to go.  It always was placed on the first page.  As a workaround, I tried using Anchored Extract, anchoring off the signature line to place the zone.  However, it also placed the zone on the first page.  The screenshot below is from the middle of the first page to verify this.

It appears this is a bug with Zonal Extract and Anchored Extract.  I have submitted a bug report and will update you with any progress. 

• dearnerdearner Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    @dgreenwood @DungVu This is fixed in 2.80.0027; you can download it at https://xchange.grooper.com/discussion/908/grooper-2-80-installation/p1?new=1.  Please let me know if you have any more issues with this.
    I just upgraded to version 2.8.0.0.27 and it works very well. Thank you.
    Can I set multiple signature boxes in 1 content model within separate documents?
    I have error when create multiple signatures box. screen-shot is my setup in process step.

@DungVu Have you tried creating two separate entries in the "Field Collection Annotation Editor" - one for signature-box 1, and one for signature-box 2, as opposed to setting two fields on one widget entry?
    Do you mean that I have to set separate process  step for each signature box? In the practice; We may have in the loan process with a lots of signature pages. How can we do that?
    @DungVu You don't need to set a separate step for each box, but you might want to try creating a separate entry in the dialog labeled "Field Annotation Collection Editor" for each possible signature widget, instead of assigning multiple fields to a single widget.  They'll all be in one process step, though.
    Below is my setting in data field.

Signaturebox2 is assigned for Loan application document.
    Do you have any update on this issue?
    @DungVu I'm going to bring in support on this one, to make sure you're not dealing with a bug.  They should be getting in touch shortly.