Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Replacing an entire ApplicationXtender document from within a Grooper script

I am at a point in my script where based on a set of conditions I will want to replace an entire document (PDF) in ApplicationXtender with a newer version.  Is there a convenient way to add, access, delete the documents in ApplicationXtender already built into the Grooper API?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited March 2018
    This depends on a few things.  How are the documents coming into Grooper?

Currently the only way (that I'm aware) to manipulate documents that already exist in ApplicationXtender is through a link to that actual document.  From there, manipulation is done through Grooper's Link Action activity.

To create a link from a Grooper document to one in ApplicationXtender, the Grooper batch would have to be made using a New From > CMIS Import..., going to a batch process step for Link Action where the Command property is set to Load Content.

When all is said and done, you can use the Link Action activity to delete the document in AX before uploading a new one.

New From > CMIS Import...

Telling Grooper where to start the batch once you specify which documents to import

Link Action properties of the starting step (specified above)

• Options
    TonyTony Posts: 23

Good information.  Thank you.

• Options
    BradleyBradley Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    You could also utilize the Save Content and Save Properties commands on the Link Action activity:

Save Content:

Save Index Fields(Save Properties):

(Ensure your Scope and Folder Level properties match the batch structure.)