Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Content Action Issue with Imported Email

I am using Grooper 2.8; in 2.7 after I expand the mail message; I was able to use content action on level 2 folder and split the pages.  In version 2.8; when I preform content action on the pdf after expanding the mail message; I am getting invalid file type for a split operation.  The file type association is a pdf.

Best Answer

Answers

• jclarkjclark Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Could you send a screenshot of your process?

• henrymahenryma Posts: 63
    The error was actually in the content action; for some reason after it expand the mail message when it try to split the PDF page.  It doesn't recognize the file type as PDF.  If I manually load the PDF from the attachment it does the content action without any issue.

I try other vendor emails it works fine; so only certain vendor emails have issue.
  • jclarkjclark Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    From the Grooper Wiki:
    "Mail messages are imported to Grooper as Electronic Documents using the RFC822 format. The Render activity can be used to generate a PDF version of the mail message and its attachments. This process will make the mail content viewable in Grooper. "
    Have you tried adding a Render activity to verify that the .PDF files are being imported as a PDF version?
    No, let me try that
    So if I render, do I need to Image Process and OCR at a folder level now; since is not going to split it into individual pages?  So does that mean all PDF coming in will be render and I can avoid the content action split page step?
  • GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Once rendered, you should then be able to run content action -> split on the pdf, and proceed with the rest of your usual process.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com