Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Batch Folder Classification

In File System Import; we can default the batch folder to a specific content type; if I am importing the PDF or TIF via email through CMIS; is there a way to default the batch folder classification.  Example I have two mailbox.  If the FI inbox get emails; I want to classify it to FI document type; if the email is coming into PO inbox; i want to classify it to the PO document type.

Answers

• jclarkjclark Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    In the two screenshots attached you can set a default content type which would assign a specific content model to the imported files and name the file as such. There is also a Batch Name Prefix that will add a Prefix to the Batch timestamp which could be used to signify which mailbox the batch came from.
    Please let us know if this information is helpful for the issues you are having.

• henrymahenryma Posts: 63
    I try that, but still have issue.  So problem is when I download the email; I still need to expand and render the email.  By that time there is no classification on the PDF at folder level 2.  Is there a way to default a classification by using classify to make all PDFs that document category?
  • jclarkjclark Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    @henryma - Are all the PDFs from each mailbox of the same format, or are they randomly formatted PDFs and are the PDFs from each mailbox different formats by the mailbox it came in from?
  • GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    You can set a Default Content Type on the Content Model, so after Classification is finished, if a Document receives no classification, it will default to this choice. Another option I often use is just not having a classification step. Then on your extraction step, you can specify a default content type. If the activity tries to process a document that has no classification, it will change the classification to your choice here prior to running the extraction.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
    Both are randomly formatted PDFs; because one vendor can send to both mailbox depending on the type of Invoice; but they both contain same fields.  However we want to control the final output of where they go to; to distinguish the type of Invoice it is.  Is there a way to default classification in the process; or do we have to create two different content model to achieve this?
    OK I understand now.. You could have two different export steps. Each one would use a Should Submit expression that looks at the "to" address on the email, and will run only if set to the corresponding email address. Or if you are okay with actually classifying the documents base don their point of origination, then you can go back to @jclark's suggestion, but use two different Import Watchers. The first pulls only from one email address and auto-classifies all incoming documents as Doc Type A. Then the other Import Watcher service only pulls from the other email address and auto-classification all incoming documents as Doc Type B.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
    When I try using the extract with a content type to the document category it run and doesn't proceed with the export step.

Also, when I add a step to do a data review it say no content type assigned; since I am using default content type on the extract step without any classify step.
    So you are setting the default content type for the extraction step to a content category rather than a document type?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
    I am setting the default content type to the document type.