Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Is there a way to use fields from a parent section in a data model to calculate a field.

For example,

ParentSection
          ParentField
          ChildSection
                         ChildField

Could I somehow use IIF(ParentField="string", 1, 0) as a calculation for ChildField, because right now I can't reference parent fields in the calculation? I can only reference other ChildSection fields.

Best Answer

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    edited September 2020
    This is really the place where this info should be. https://wiki.grooper.com/index.php?title=Expressions_Cookbook

However, I see a note that the article is still in progress and traversing the data model's hierarchy is one of the things needed. @Brian is this something you could help with in the mean time?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • jclarkjclark Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

@Aston
    Does this Calculate Expression help with your issue of not being able to reference Parent Fields?

Below is the output showing that the value from the ParentField from the Parent Section can be referenced to populate the ChildField in the Child Section.

• AstonAston Posts: 17
    This is still not working for me for some reason. I am trying to populate "In Product Code2" with "In Product Code"'s value.
  • AstonAston Posts: 17
    This works. Although it doesn't work when I run test extraction, but it does when I run the actual extraction process.