Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Reporting on Task With extracted Value

If my process do multiple OCR extraction, is there a way to create a report to look at which vendor required a second extract.  Example I extract the vendor information, but if vendor name was extracted with a blank, I will try to extract a second time with a different OCR engine.  Is there a way for me to create a report to run by vendor, which vendor required OCR to run a second time with a different engine?

Answers

• kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    If I'm understanding correctly, you want to run run a second Recognize process utilizing a different OCR profile on documents where the vendor name was blank after having run your Extract step.
    If that is the case, then yes.  There may be a better way than what I am thinking, but my initial thought is to:
    1. Classify the documents based on vendor, and if a document was classified as "Unknown Vendor"
    2. Then you can run a recognize step limited to that document type,
    3. Then after that run another classify step to classify the Unknown docs,
    4. Then run your extract step on all of the docs at the same time.
    Kyle Souza
    Data Wizard
    P&P Oil & Gas Solutions
  • henrymahenryma Posts: 63
    I want to run a report to give me statistics of which vendor required 2nd OCR.  I have the logic for it to run the 2nd OCR profile correctly already; I am looking at generating reports to give the business a better understanding of which Vendor require more then one OCR run.
  • kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Oh, my mistake.  Unfortunately those reports are not my forte.
    Kyle Souza
    Data Wizard
    P&P Oil & Gas Solutions
  • RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
    It sounds like, ultimately, you're looking to automate the text recognition process further.
    i.e. - You want a report of problematic vendors such that you can perhaps leverage that information in a programmatic way to create Batch Process logic that could handle exceptions for you.

As it is, that is not out-of-the-box functionality.
    Randall Kinard
    rkinard@bisok.com