Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

I Want to export metadata into the output text file with specific format.

Hi,

Please find the attachment of reference output text file. I want to export the metadata into the text file with given specific format in the text file. Is there any OOTB functionality in Grooper? 

Thanks & Regards,
Saisreenadh

Answers

• strotellistrotelli Posts: 42 admin
    What version of Grooper are you using?

• SaisreenadhSaisreenadh Posts: 18
    edited December 2020
    Hi @strotelli ,

I am using Grooper version 2.80.0041.

Thanks,
    saisreenadh
  • jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 138 mod
    Those settings are in the Document export step.
    Select file system for export provider and set txt as your metadata format.

• jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 138 mod

To get the type of format in your example set "Use Quotes" and "Include Header" to "True"
    edited December 2020
    Hi @jlunsford

We tried that but its giving us all the headers first and values coming in the second row. But we want like "header","value","header","value"

Thanks,
    Saisreenadh.
  • strotellistrotelli Posts: 42 admin
    @Saisreenadh

To change the details and delimiter, you would need to create an custom export activity that does this, or have a third party application that massages the Grooper output into the format you need. 

Hi @strotelli,

Thanks for you help.Can, we have any sample documentation to do custom activity like, how to create and configure the custom activity in grooper application.

Thankyou,
    Saisreenadh.