Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Sequential Numbers

kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Is there a way for a field to be populated by a number that is just "the next number" sequentially?  I believe so, but where's where it gets complicated (possibly).  I need that number to update after traction if entries are added in the middle of the batch.  Thoughts?
Kyle Souza
Data Wizard
P&P Oil & Gas Solutions

Best Answer

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Answer ✓
    For some reason, I seem to remember us talking about this or me responding to the question. But alas, my memory is not so good these days.

Is your goal here to create the next sequential number for each document in the batch? If so, you can use an Export Mapping Expression for something like CurrentDocument.NodeIndex+1, that way the number is not generated until it is time to export.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com