Reminder! Until the end of the month, our Learning Track over Advanced Normalization is unlocked and available to all Grooper xChange users!
Grooper 2.80.0043 is now available! Check the  Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 2.90.0051 is now available! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Invalid index for a boolean value

qrexqrex Posts: 8
edited March 2 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
We have a process for processing invoices.  During that process, we have a lookup that pulls information from our OpenText Application Xtender database. In Ax, we have a boolean field that is defined as Yes/No.  The lookup pulls that value into the Grooper boolean field for review with no problems.  But, when I try to export the invoice data from Grooper back to Ax, I get this failure:

AppXtender Web Service failure:Invalid index value 'False' for 'asdfasdf' field

I also get a similar message for True (Yes)

Any ideas

Best Answer

• qrexqrex Posts: 8
    edited March 11 Accepted Answer
    Apparently, booleans in Application Xtender aren't actual booleans that hold True/False, 1/0, Yes/No values but are like a mixture of boolean and text.  We are looking at changing to a list field with Yes/No choices

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 465 admin
    That makes sense. I was about to make a similar recommendation. It is not uncommon for destination systems to "mask" the true nature of the backend data type structures in a way that can cause this type of confusion. Let us know if you feel as though a suitable solution has not been implemented.
    Matt Harrison
    Director of Strategy
    [email protected]
  • qrexqrex Posts: 8
    edited April 5
    @GrooperGuru This solution works.