Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Uppercase after initial extraction

kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
Is there a way/step that can take existing extractions and convert them to UPPERCASE values without re-extracting?
Kyle Souza
Data Wizard
P&P Oil & Gas Solutions

Best Answer

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Answer ✓
    My apologies. I totally missed the part of your original post where you mentioned "without re-running extraction". Other than doing something outside of Grooper like exporting to a database, then writing an update statement (Or writing a custom activity inside of Grooper), I have no ideas.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    There are multiple paths t output things in upper case at the extractor level. Depending on which version of Grooper you're using, the path will be different. Can't remember if you're in 2.8 or 2.9 right now. But in general, look at the result options. Some version of Grooper also have an output character casing that can be specified at the data element level.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    From what I see (I did a little testing) that option requires rerunning the extract step, right?
    Kyle Souza
    Data Wizard
    P&P Oil & Gas Solutions
  • kylesouzakylesouza Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Ok, that's what I thought.  Thank you sir! @GrooperGuru
    Kyle Souza
    Data Wizard
    P&P Oil & Gas Solutions