Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

How do I clean up file storage?

Grooper generated files are eating up storage. Is this by design? I'm not sure what I should and shouldn't delete.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    tgarnetttgarnett Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Aston I wouldn't recommend deleting anything directly out of the filestore, there's no telling what each file relates to and could cause serious problems.

Generally page objects will be taking up the most space in a Grooper repository, so you might check your Batch Processing -> Batches folder in Design Studio to see if you have any unnecessary batches that can be deleted. You could also find your File Store within the Infrastructure folder and under the Utilities tab, run a scan for orphaned files. This will locate any files in your filestore that no longer exist in the database.

That said, 50GB is a pretty low amount of space for a Grooper filestore if you plan on keeping any significant amount of documents in it at once. Last I checked, a minimum of 150GB is recommended for small to medium installs.