Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Some guidance needed...

As part of a demo showing the transfer of data from one cmis repository to another, we would like to show the capability of having a data review, so that possible data entry errors from the past could be corrected prior to moving forward.  This could also help eliminate claims of data corruption in the transfer. Intial thoughts were to extract the fields that were the metadata for the images from the repository. Below is what I have done :

1. Create Sharepoint CMIS connection.
 2. Imported a Repository
 3. Created a Content Model from the document content type for the repository
 4. Created a Batch from the CMIS connection ( it should be noted that upon import, there was a link between the meta data and Images ).
 5. Ran a Content Action split
 6. Ran OCR
 7. Created data types for the four fields that currently have user inputted information.  These data types were just created as part of the data model created
 8. If I go to the data model and extract data, I get my 4 fields I have added to the data model, but lose the linked information.

Have I made this too simplistic?  Would running the linked action again after running data extraction re-populate the linked information preserving my newly created extractions? Am I way off base here?

Any advice or pointing the right direction will be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Options
    lbellipannilbellipanni Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have resolved the issue I had in data review with two sets of prompts being displayed.  In my Index Navigator settings, I had display parents folder set to true.  I set this to false and now I have the data review screen I want.

Answers

• Options
    A quick update here.   I have come up with a batch process that almost does what I need done.  Here are the steps to my batch :-1:

I first do new batch from CMIS Import then 
    Content Action-Split ( split documents to page for full text ocr )
    Full Text OCR
    Extraction - Which extracts fields I want for comparison
    Link Action - Which links the index data to the document
    Data Review - In data review I have to records for each document 1. empty data set.  2.  Data set populated with Index data from CMIS and my extractions.

So what is the reasoning behind the two record sets for each document? Is it related to the split or is the extraction step creating it ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    I'm not entirely sure because I've never imported from Sharepoint, but you might turn off any services you have to process activities (OCR, Extraction, etc.) and process each step manually.  Then you could look at the batch between each step to better determine which activity is giving you duplicate records.

If you could post a screenshot of what you're describing, that might help, too.
  • Options
    I am going to attach 3 screen shots
    1. Is what I see when going into batch viewer from the batch.
    2. data_review_1 is the empty record set that is displayed in data review
    3. data_review_2 is the populated record set I see when I scroll down in data review.

• Options

• Options
    Made some fields invisible and a little cleaner visual of what is happening.  It looks like it is showing data at the folder(?) level and then at the document level instead of creating 2 record sets as I earlier thought

• Options
    Ryan, per your suggestion I simplified my batch process, by having the starting step be data review.  It produces the same screen as the last screen shot I uploaded.
  • Options
    Can you post a screenshot of your import settings on your CMIS connection?
  • Options
    This is the original import using  content action as the starting step, but for my test I had started  at data review.
  • Options
    My fault, I should have specified.  I mean the import settings under Infrastructure > CMIS Connections > (Your CMIS Connection) > (Your Repository) > Content Types > (Your Repository Folder).
  • Options
  • Options
    Your Import Content Type is CMIS Invoices.  What Content Type is that (Content Category, Document Type, etc.)?
  • Options
    It was created from the CMISSharePoint>Invoices>Content Types>Document  so my assumption is the content type is Document Type.  
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Having completed the Batch through export, it appears that the folder (?) level data review are only an issue in data review.  When I export only the information displayed on the document (?) fields screen is exported which is what I want.  However I do know that visually it would be concerning to someone doing data review.