Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Problems with Using a Downloaded Lexicon in Grooper 2.70

rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
I imported a data type that was referencing an older version of the Fuzzy Match Weightings lexicon and I get the following Validation Errors:

I went to Downloads and got the newest version of Essentials.zip.  But the Fuzzy Match Weightings lexicon that was in the (system) folder did not update.

Comments

• Options
    The ChuckThe Chuck Posts: 81 mod
    There are two separate issues going on here, I'll address each separately:

1.  Validation Errors - You are correct, that Fuzzy Match Weightings lexicon appears to be from earlier in the 2.70 beta.  The changes that are causing those validation messages are:
        a.  "Cost()" is no longer a valid entry for Fuzzy Match Weightings.  This is a change that happened early in the 2.70 beta cycle; it will not affect new users or 2.60 upgrades.  The documentation for the Fuzzy Match Weightings details the possible entries:

b.  "Case-sensitive lexicon".  It is recommended (but not required) that Fuzzy Match Weightings be case-sensitive.  This is because different cases of letters can have different substitutions (e.g. Lower case 'g' could be a '9', but upper case 'G' is more likely to be a '6'.)

2.  Downloading Lexicons (and other objects) - Lexicons (and other objects) are identified based on their ID (which is a GUID).  Regardless of their name or location, an item is considered to be the "same" object (and will updated on import/copy/download) only if it has the same ID.  Early in the 2.70 beta, we deprecated '(system)' objects and replaced them with 'Downloads' objects.  We purposely changed the IDs of these objects so that they would not overwrite the legacy '(system)' objects.  So downloading the new Essentials.zip will not update those legacy objects even though they might have the same name.  If users want to take advantage of the new 'Downloads' objects, they will have to point to those objects explicitly.