Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Error when updating to 2.70.13

JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
I'm getting an error when I update from the version of 2.7  I installed on 5/8. The install runs but when I launch Design Studio I get an error and Design Studio doesn't completely launch. I attached the error log below. I ran the update on a machine the had 2.6 and had no issues so I'm not sure if the problem is with the update or my machine.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    This may be a side effect of an issue discussed in this thread.  You'll probably want to upgrade to 2.70.0014.
  • Options
    Ran 2.70.0014 and get this error. Error log attached

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    Are you uninstalling the old version first before you install a new build?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    The ChuckThe Chuck Posts: 81 mod
    edited June 2018
    We changed our installer between 2.70.0012 and 2.70.0013.  It looks like you might have some residue from old installs (e.g. several of your Loaded Assemblies say 2.70.9999 and others are 2.70.0013).

Will you try uninstalling again and then going into the C:\Program Files\BIS\Grooper folder and making sure that directory is empty.  Once it is empty, try installing the latest version of Grooper again.
  • Options
    Ok. I have the 2.70.9999 version and a 2.60 version of Grooper x64 in my program files. Do I need to uninstall both or just the 2.70 version
  • Options
    I would uninstall ALL instances of Grooper.  We don't support multiple instances or versions of Grooper on one machine.
  • Options

• Options
    Yeah, that's a byproduct of changes during Beta and all needs to be cleared out.
  • Options
    Ok. 
    I just ran the update on Tim's laptop and it worked. He was on version 2.60.0079
  • Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Did you delete the Grooper folder on your machine, and then reinstall the 2.70 version?
  • Options
    Clearing out the file fixed it. Update ran successfully. 
  • Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Yay! Let me know if you have any other problems. Just start a new post for those.