Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Activity Processing Services will not start because of orphaned service instances

JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
edited July 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Can't get Activity Processing services to start. Other services start with no issue.

Comments

• Options
    GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    @Bobthebrain weren't you having this same issue yesterday? Which build are you guys on. I believe Jacob was on 2.70.0014. I am not having this issue on 2.70.0018.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    I'm on 2.70.0018
  • Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    If you have changed your password edit the password on each service to make sure that it is the right one. I have not been able to reproduce this issue, so asking @The Chuck or @dlittle might be a better option
  • Options
    I know in @Bobthebrain's system, he tried re-establishing his password and re-creating the service, but the same issue occurred.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    Not the password. I tried the same password that is on my license service and it doesn't work.
  • Options
    rmccutcheonrmccutcheon Posts: 756 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what to do, I am on 2.70.0018 and have tried stopping my services. They start back fine every time, have you tried creating new ones and deleting those?
  • Options
    Uninstalled all services, added them back and only the License Service started.
  • Options
    I am curious why that's showing as instance 11 of activity processing. Are you running Config as Admin?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    And also, if you go to Windows Services, do you see a bunch of orphaned service instances hanging out there?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • Options
    Yes, running as admin. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes, there are services there. Can't do anything with them.
  • Options

• Options
    I fixed it.
    Ran "regedit"
    Went to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services
    Deleted the Grooper services that were dormant
    Went back to Config and added new service
    Instance number went back to 1
    Services started

• Options
    Yeah, Windows doesn't have a point/click way to delete services that I am aware of. Glad you got this figured out.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com