Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Grooper Import watcher behaves differently then it did for a content model (from 2.60.0108 to 2.70)

lbellipannilbellipanni Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
1. Content Model was created with one Document Type ( "Input_Type").
2. Grooper Import Watcher polls directory for pdf's  and imports them into Grooper assigning a Content Type of "Input_Type". 
3.  I have a data field "FileName" as part of my Data Model.  Default value for this data field was set to DirectCast ( Link, FileSystemLink).FileName. 
4.  A database look-up was done on this field and populated other fields based on a match in the database.
5.  When running this in 2.60.0108, My Starting Step could start at Data review in my batch process and my data fields would be populated.  After upgrading to 2.7.0018 It appears I have to run extraction prior to Data Review in order for data fields to be populated.

Comments

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    We would have to go back and test how this worked in 2.6, but I believe Grooper should have always required Extraction in order for a Default Value Expression (and thus, the DB lookup) to fire. This is working as intended in 2.7.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com