Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Using Extractions to Rename Doc Types

Grooper 2.60.0108

Is it possible to change a document types name by extracting a field from that doc type in which many other copies of the doc type exist?  For example, I have extracted a completion date from a particular doc type in the Data Element Profiles of a document.  However, out of the ten copies of that document that exist in that file, I only need the one with the latest date renamed to a different doc type for Data Review.  Is this something that is capable of being done in 2.6?   

Best Answer

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Is it important to you that the actual Doc Type be changed in this scenario, or just that you can introduce "forked" logic here where documents with the attribute proceed through one set of remaining steps, while document missing the attribute proceed through another?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    If you can use logic to determine which of the documents meet the requested criteria (latest date, etc), then I think that is something that we can work with.