Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Sequential Number

I have a scan process scanning legacy documents that are then exported via XML to our document repository.  With that other scanning software we used to use, we were able to apply a sequential number to the file name upon export. I think it was actually configured in the content server export config. So our file names were

"Legacy-xxxx" 

With Grooper, I currently have a GUID populated and appended to the file name.

"Legacy-bae9a47c-8abb-4106-945f-ad99e4d81f44"

Is there a better way to handle adding a unique/random number to the file name to keep them unique in OTCS?

Answers

• Options
    hjanumhjanum Posts: 110 ✭✭
    If you try to export using a filename that already exists in the export directory Grooper will automatically create a unique file name by appending (N) to the file name, where N is an integer. This is similar to what windows do when you try to paste into a directory and you have a file name collision.

FileName.pdf
    FileName.xml

Next exported file:

FileName (1).pdf
    FileName (1).xml

After that:

FileName (2).pdf
    FileName (2).xml

etc

If you wanted more control you could create a single column SQL Server table with a counter, then get the next sequence number using a stored proc. You would then concatenate that with your base file name in a calculated field called 'output filename'. That can be mapped to your file name in the export.