Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Database export mapping for ODBC connection

I am trying to setup database export with ODBC connection. However, I got error "Unable to cast object of type 'Grooper.OdbcConnectionSettingd' to type 'Grooper.SqlConnectionSettings'.

I installed odbc driver and able to make connection to database within Grooper Data connections.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• tgarnetttgarnett Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @DungVu I was able to replicate this in the latest 2.90 build. I got confirmation from the development team that MySQL connections cannot be supported in 2.90 but are available in Grooper 2021 which just went into open beta.

Answers

• tgarnetttgarnett Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    @DungVu Hello!

A couple quick questions for you:

What minor version of Grooper are you using? You can find this by clicking on Help > About in the top left. For example, 2.90.0051.

And what type of database are you connecting to, SQL?
  • DungVuDungVu Posts: 88
    I am using version 2.9.0.0037. I have issue to mapping to MySQL database with ODBC connection. I got it working only in Microsoft SQL but not in MySQL.

Is there any known issue with ODBC connection?