Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Run Data Rules in Order in one Activity

ComputerDimensionComputerDimension Posts: 11
edited April 19 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
I have multiple Data Rules that I am trying to run, and some of them need to be run in a set order. Currently, I have different groups of Data Rules running as separate "Apply Rule" activities but I would like to clean up my workflow and run them as one activity. Referencing them in the correct order in one "Apply Rule" activity does not work. I am trying to experiment with Data Rule Heirarchys but have had no luck. The order I would like the rules to run in is First "Automate Correction", then "Recalculate Total", then "Validate", then "Raise Flag"

Comments

• Options
    jgernerjgerner Posts: 9
    This should be helpful in cleaning up your data rules Hierarchy is towards the middle bottom.

https://wiki.grooper.com/index.php?title=Data_Rule

• Options
    ComputerDimensionComputerDimension Posts: 11
    I read the article and I understand Data Rule Hierarchy when it comes to triggers, the issue I have is that my Data Rules depend on eachother. The Data Rules that are supposed to run later, are dependent on the updated value and validation of the fields which were changed in Data Rules that are supposed to run earlier. It seems validation may not be updated until the end of the Apply Rule Activity which would explain why not all data rules are running as expected.