Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0018 is available as of 04-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Options

Is it possible to edit (read only) content models and batch processes?

I have published a few content models and batch processes from the Demo database to my own database. Once I get them to my database I can't make any changes because they are read only. I also have a working batch process but can't publish it to run a batch because it is read only. Any ideas on this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited March 2018
    When publishing from one Grooper repository to another, the "Publish To" window has a property for Publish as Read Only.  Setting this to False will allow the published objects to be edited in the destination Grooper repository.

For Batch Processes, best practice is to first Unpublish the process (if it has been "Published" to be used as a production process) using the Unpublish button on the process itself.

Then you can use the Publish To option to publish the process from one repository to another.

• Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
    What about deleting? Everything is grayed out. Can't delete or edit

• Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 189 mod
    That did it. Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    Alternatively (to what @jongoesboom said), you can use the Publish To command again to publish the same nodes that you did previously, only this time set Publish as Read Only as False and change the Publish Mode in the upper right to Update.

Update means that the objects you have selected to publish already exist in the destination (identified by its GUID), so this feature becomes useful when using multiple instances of Grooper in a Test/Production scenario.  In your case, you're updating whether or not the objects are read-only.