Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Easy way to ingest data from a CSV file and Populate data fields?

We have a partner that would like to get a barcode value from a csv file into an index field on each page in a batch of documents. Is this easily done? They are getting this barcode read from a scanner and would like to use it if possible. 

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    I'm confused... a barcode value in a .csv file? Is the "barcode value" simply a column of data in the .csv? It almost sounds like you're saying they have a series of documents in the batch, plus a single companion .csv file that has some referenced index information. Does that sound right?
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com
  • tmartintmartin Posts: 82 ✭✭
    That is exactly right as the barcode value is simply a string of data. I feel like we should be able to do this, but I am not sure how...
  • jmcmanusjmcmanus Posts: 27 admin
    What we had to do, is convert the .csv to a .txt file.   For now we are doing this manually.   But we plan to create a custom activity to do this.   During import we will import the images along with the converted .txt file.  we will run extraction on the .txt file gathering all the fields we need and do a database export of the fields to a SQL table.   Once we have the info from the csv file in a sql table, it will be easy to reference it later in the batch process, or from another batch process.   We haven't fully tested this out yet, but PS is doing something similar for another client.