Grooper 2.80.0043 is now available! Check the  Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 2.90.0051 is now available! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
The next version of Grooper - Grooper 2021 - will be entering beta soon! If you want to get a head start on some of our exciting new features, check out the  article over Smart PDFs  on the Grooper Wiki!

How to Create a User Defined Button / button and process input value entered in Data Review

If process stops in Data Review step for validation, user will enter a value and click a button (labelled as "PROCESS"), event should be triggered and   DBLookup should be performed and fill up the Data fields. This is specific to the content model.
Thanks

Answers

• jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 127 mod
    That needs to be set up in the extraction step. by connecting the lookup database to a certain filed you can populate the values during extraction as well as data review.
  • ueswaranueswaran Posts: 12
    @jlunsford, Thanks. But my request is how to create a vb button with click event ( UI Object/ Command). We have 2D barcode, if it fails reading, user will enter the barcode value in the field and click process button. 
  • jlunsfordjlunsford Posts: 127 mod
    This can be acomplished through a lookup database.  During review putting the correct field value will trigger the lookup to populate the other fields.  You don't need a custom script to populate fields from a lookup table unless you need to run the lookup off of multiple fields.
  • ueswaranueswaran Posts: 12
    @jlunsford, Thanks. Yes, i need to run the lookup off multiple fields using Stored procedure. Chances are more the extraction of Barcode value is failed. Our existing process  has a button to trigger the DB call after entering the barcode value. I can still do it in field_exit event. But it will be a training issue for the user.