Grooper 21.00.0082 is available as of 12-12-2023! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.1.0016 is available as of 03-15-2024! Check the  Downloads Discussion  for the release notes and to get the latest version.
Grooper 23.00.0042 is available as of 03-22-2024! Check the Downloads Discussion for the release notes and to get the latest version.

Permanently Change Bad OCR for Text Searchable PDF

RandoCalrisianRandoCalrisian Posts: 195 admin
edited January 2018 in The Astronauts (Q&A)
Grooper obvously has several methods of getting around poor OCR upon extraction, but the bad OCR result is never actually changed on the source, just compensated for.
If I want to deliver a Text Searchable PDF that has said bad OCR, is there a way to correct the source, not just to extract a corrected result?
Randall Kinard
rkinard@bisok.com

Best Answer

Answers

• GrooperGuruGrooperGuru Posts: 481 admin
    Yes sir. The correct ocr activity has two modes of operation. One of them is designed to improve the text results in a specific data field after extraction and/or data review is completed. The other mode targets the actual source ocr text. In that mode, you will generally want to use this activity immediately after ocr so that all classification and extraction are performed against the improved text results. I'll post some screenshots and additional info in the morning when I return to my computer.
    Matt Harrison
    Product Manager
    mharrison@bisok.com